The rubber sleeve was also a nice feature which should protect it from damage as barrels tend to get poked through fences, thorns and barbed wire.
Unfortunately, when I whacked it on a Webley Raider, the POI (Point Of Impact) was dramatically changed so low that I not only ran out of scope adjustment, but also room to pack the scope! I ended up with the silencer obscuring half the sight picture and I still wasn't close!
Hmmmmmm
Now a 'moderator' will ordinarily lower your POI but certainly not to the degree I witnessed. It doesn't matter what Silencer you fit, if you find that a moderator adversely affects your shots and groups you can bet the farm its due to mis-alignment and/or the pellet clipping the interior.
The Whisper is thankfully beautifully simple in design and construction and I was able to strip it right down in seconds. Here's what I found... (Click on pics to enlarge)
![]() |
| Note Grandma's Hair Curlers! |
![]() |
| End Cap/Final Baffle - Look for Ever So Slight 'Silver' Marks |
![]() |
| Second To Last Baffle |
This issue has definitely not put me off this silencer though, as its name suggests, it really is whisper quiet and at £40 is, I believe, very good value for money. Now I've had it apart, will I attempt to make a replica using Grandma's Curlers? Hell yeah! Hopefully I can improve it too and sell it as the 'Gnat's Fart'...





No comments:
Post a Comment